The Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Prakash Javadekar launched the ‘Operation Digital Board’ to boost quality education in the country. The Operation Digital Board is a revolutionary step which will make the learning as well as the teaching process interactive and will popularise flipped learning as a pedagogical approach.
• Under the Operation Digital Board, 7 lakh classrooms of 9th, 10th and 11th standards and 2 lakh classrooms of colleges and Universities will be equipped with digital boards in the next three years.
• The digital board will be introduced all over the country in government and government aided schools from class 9th onwards as well as in higher education institutions.
• The operation aims to convert a class room into a digital class room and make available the e-resources at any time and at any place to students.
• It will also help in providing personalised adaptive learning as well as Intelligent Tutoring by exploiting emerging technologies like Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence & Data Analytics.
• The implementation will begin from the coming session of 2019 itself.
Taking into account that the biggest challenge facing education sector in the country is maintaining acceptable quality standards, the Government is continuously making efforts to spread educational technology and connectivity to resolve this issue and being fairness in educational standards.