Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) organized a Swachch Bharat Grand Challenge as a part of the Swachhta Pakhwada held from 1st to 15th November 2018 to reward innovative solutions by DIPP recognized Start-ups in the country. The awards were given away by Secretary DIPP, Ramesh Abhishek in New Delhi.
- Four areas of sanitation, waste management, water and wastewater management and air management were selected for the grand challenge.
- In Air sector the first prize was given to Maclec technical project laboratory pvt. Ltd of Delhi and 2nd Prize to Small Spark Concepts Technologies Private Limited of Pune.
- In sanitation sector 1st Prize was given to Altersoft Innovations India Private Limited of Kerala (Cochin) and 2nd Prize was given to Naturesani Private Limited of Telangana.
- In waste sector 1st Prize was given to Sanshodhan An E-Waste Exchange Private Limited of Telangana and 2nd Prize was given to Flycatcher Technologies LLP of Maharashtra (Mumbai).
- In water sector 1st Prize was given to REVY Environmental Solutions Pvt Ltd of Gujarat and 2nd Prize was given to EF Polymer Private Limited of Rajasthan.
- Prize money for the Swachch Bharat Grand Challenge Was Rs. 2 lakh for the 1st prize and Rs. 1 lakh for the 2nd prize along with a certificate of appreciation.