The former Chief Minister of Delhi, Sheila Dixit’s pictorial book traces the evolution of Delhi through its images. The book titled “Dilli Meri Dilli: Before and After 1998”, beautifully traces the evolution of the Indian capital over the centuries and showcases its tremendous transformation since the beginning of the new millennium.
- The book is published by Palimpsest Publishers. It includes comments by people like Mark Tully, E Sreedharan and Sunita Narain among others.
- In her book, Sheila Dixit’s perspective towards Delhi was not as its Chief Minister but as its resident who has lived almost her entire life there. She has been the Chief Minister of Delhi for 15 years.
- The book is replete with pictures on various subjects like heritage, culture, law, gender equality, urban environment, education, sports and transport.
- Sheila Dixit believes that Delhi has today grown exponentially despite constraints.
- This kind of book was due because in the 15 years that she was in power as she wanted to pen down the changes made by her government in 15 years.
- Earlier she conceptualized the book to be from the government’s point of view but later on after losing the elections, she thought of doing it herself.
Sheila Dixit is a known Indian politician who was the longest serving Chief Minister of Delhi. She was born on 31st March 1938 in Kapurthala, Punjab. She is a member of the Indian National Congress and led the Congress to three consecutive electoral wins in Delhi. She served for a period of 15 years as the Chief Minister of Delhi from 1998 to 2013.