The government has launched Diksha Portal “diksha.gov.in” – National Digital Infrastructure for Teachers. Through this portal, all teachers across the nation will be equipped with advanced digital technology.
- DIKSHA Portal is an initiative of HRD ministry for providing a digital platform to teacher to make their lifestyle more digital.
- Diksha portal launched with a tagline “National Digital Infrastructures for Our Teacher Our Teacher”.
- The portal will consist the whole teacher’s life cycle – from the time they were enrolled as student teachers in Teacher Education Institutes (TEIs) to after they retire as teachers.
- Teacher can learn and train themselves for which assessment resources will be available. The complete work and accomplishment of teachers in Teacher’s educational institutes will be recorded from start to end point till their retirement.
A teacher can use the portal for creating the following:
- Teacher training content.
- Teacher profile.
- In-class resources.
- Assessment aids.
- News and announcement.
- Teacher community.
Benefits of this portal:
- It will help teachers boost their teaching skills and create their own profile with their skills and knowledge.
- Diksha portal will help in improving the quality of education with the use of latest technologies in the domain of sector. Not only the government, private institutes and NGO’s are also allowed to participate in the Diksha initiative.