Department of Biotechnology (DBT) working under ministry of science and technology has recently launched human tissue mapping project called MANAV: Human Atlas Initiative. It has been launched to improve understanding on human physiology.
Objective of this initiative is to map every single tissue of human body to find out deepest information and roles of tissues and cells linked to a variety of ailments.
This project is funded by Department of Biotechnology (DBT) that would make a database network of all human body tissues. Those students part of this project will be trained and instructed with skills to perform annotation.
MANAV project Objectives :
• Physiological and molecular mapping for better biological insight,
• Develop disease models through predictive computing,
• Major Objective of the initiative is to find out and capture human physiology in two stages – normal stage and disease stage,
• At final stage, overall analysis and medicine discovery.
Department of Biotechnology (DBT) :
- It is an Indian government department under the Ministry of Science and Technology.
- This department is responsible for administrating development and commercialisation in the field of modern biology and biotechnology in India.
- It was set up in 1986. In December 2015, the Department of Biotechnology launched the National Biotechnology Development Strategy 2015–2020 programme.