Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman proposes to start a DD channel exclusively for start-ups announcing the Union Budget 2019-20.
- The channel will serve as a platform to discuss issues affecting the growth, funding and tax paying and matchmaking with venture capitalists and investors
- The start-ups will design and execute the channel itself
- In 2016, the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has suggested setting up a channel dedicated to startups to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Owned by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Presently, Doordarshan operates 21 channels that include DD National, News, regional satellite channels, state networks, international channel, a sports channel in various languages