David Attenborough, a renowned naturalist, has been conferred with the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2019 for his tireless efforts towards awakening the humankind to the need to preserve and protect the planet’s biodiversity.
- The 2019 prize winner was announced by the International Jury of the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development, chaired by former Indian President Pranab Mukherjee.
- David Attenborough is a natural historian and broadcaster, known for producing and anchoring the most compelling visual documentaries and histories of animal and plant life on the Earth.
- He has written a number of fascinating books on his environmental projects and managed to draw attention to one of the most destructive forces of the current era- the threat to nature posed by the predatory humankind.
- Sir David Attenborough has been recognized for his work on various occasions. He was honoured with knighthood, UNESCO’s Kalinga prize, Michael faraday prize, the Descartes prize and fellowship of the royal society.
- He has also received several Emmy and BAFTA awards including a lifetime achievement award.