Creation of six additional posts in the NCLAT approved by the Union Cabinet. The Union Cabinet has approved the creation of six additional posts in the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT). The proposal involves the creation of three additional posts each for judicial members and technical members in the NCLAT.
The creation of additional posts will help meet the mandate provided to NCLAT by the Finance Act 2017, the Companies Act 2013 and the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016.
National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) :
- National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) was established under Section 410 of the Companies Act, 2013 for hearing appeals against the orders of National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT).
- The current Chairperson of NCLAT is Hon’ble Justice Shri S.J. Mukhopadhaya, former Judge of the Supreme Court.
- NCLAT is the Appellate Tribunal for hearing appeals against the orders passed by NCLT under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (IBC).
- NCLAT hears appeals against the orders passed by Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India.
- NCLAT is also the Appellate Tribunal to hear and dispose of appeals against any direction issued or decision made or order passed by the Competition Commission of India (CCI) – as per the amendment brought to Section 410 of the Companies Act, 2013 by the Finance Act, 2017.