Search engine giant Google doodle celebrated the 151st birthday of Cornelia Sorabji, the first woman to practice law in India and England. She was pioneer who helped open up higher education as well as the legal profession to women. She was first woman to graduate in law from India as early as 1892 and first Indian national to attend British University.
- Cornelia Sorabji was an Indian woman who achieved several notable firsts
- She was the first woman to graduate in law from India as early as 1892.
- She was the first female graduate of Bombay University, the first woman to study law at Oxford University and she the first woman to practise law in India and Britain.
- She was associated with the Bengal branch of the National Council for Women in India, the Federation of University Women, and the Bengal League of Social Service for Women.
- She was honoured with Kaisar-i-Hind Gold Medal in 1909 for her services to the Indian nation
She had published two autobiographies viz. India Calling: The Memories of Cornelia Sorabji, India Recalled, a biography of her parents. She died on July 6, 1954.