Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution launched ‘Consumer App’: A one stop solution for consumer grievance redressal’.
- The App will provide every consumer across the nation, quick access to grievance redressal and help consumers to give valuable suggestions to the Department on consumer related issues.
- It aims to provide a one stop solution for consumer grievance redressal via mobile phones.
- The complaint status under the app will be monitored on a daily basis by the ministry.
- The registered consumer will be informed about their complaint via SMS/E-mail with a unique number which can be tracked by the consumer.
- There will be time bound resolution of all grievances, 20 days for problems simple in nature while those that elicit a feedback from companies or further enquiries will be resolved within 2 months/60 days.
- Consumers get information about 42 Sectors including e-commerce, Banking, Insurance, Consumer Durables, Electronic Products, etc.
- Consumers can use this app in Hindi and English on both Android and IoS platforms.