Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) sports personnel won 10 medals, at recently-concluded World Police and Fire Games 2019 (WPFG-2019) held at Chengdu, China’s southwestern Sichuan province.
- The competition was held at Chengdu, China from 08-18 August 2019.
- It represents an Olympic-style competition with 10,000 athletes representing fire-fighters, law enforcement, and officers from corrections, immigration, probation, border protection, and customs.
- 70+ countries participated in the competition across the world competing in 60+ sports.
- CISF won 5 Gold, 3 Silver and 2 Bronze Medals at the event, i.e. is a total of 10 medals.
- The gold was brought in categories of Rifle (Shooting), Judo (60 kg), Boxing (54 kg), Pole Vault and Javelin Throw.
World Police and Fire Games is a worldwide Olympic-style sporting event which is held every two years. The 2019 edition was held from 8-18 August 8 in Chengdu city, China.
World Police and Fire Games 2021 will be held in Rotterdam, Netherlands. WPFG-2023 will be in Winnipeg, Canada.