Union government awarded the Assam Police for “good practices” under the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems (CCTNS), an e-governance project.
- The award was presented at the 2-day conference on “CCTNS–Good practices and Success Stories” organised by the National Crime Record Bureau (NCRB) in New Delhi.
- Ministry of Home Affairs also awarded Anil Kumar Jha, Special Director General (CID) of the force, for his outstanding contribution in implementing the project.
- The award has been given for citizen centric service delivery. Assam police has automated passport verification and Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC) services using the online CCTNS.
- Under the CCTNS, a mobile application was launched recently for ease of availability of services to the citizens.
- Assam Police had launched a Citizen Portal on January 1, 2016 that offers 10 types of services for the people.