Minister of State (I/C) for Housing and Urban Affairs, Hardeep S Puri launched Angikaar and e-Course on Vulnerability Atlas of India.
- “Angikaar” a campaign for change management for social behaviour change that focuses on waste management, sanitation and hygiene, water & energy conservation and other IEC activities.
- The campaign will give special focus to beneficiaries of PMAY (U) for sanitation, Ujjwala for gas connection and Ayushman Bharat for health insurance.
- The campaign includes door to door activities and awareness programmes at city and ward level.
- The “e-course on Vulnerability Atlas” is launched with an objective to create awareness among people about natural hazards and help in identification of regions with high vulnerability.
- The unique course gives area wise information with respect to various hazards (earthquakes, cyclones, landslides, floods, etc.) and specifies the district-wise level of damage risk will be provided.