Aerospace scientist and Chief of the Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO), G Satheesh Reddy has been conferred the Missile Systems Award 2019 by the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. He is the first Indian and first person outside the USA to be awarded this prestigious award in nearly four decades.
G Satheesh Reddy :
- Satheesh Reddy is the Scientific Adviser to the Defence Minister and is considered the architect of advanced missile technologies and smart guided weapons technologies in India.
- Satheesh Reddy was the Project Director for the design and development of the country’s first 1,000 kg class guided bomb which has enhanced precision strike capabilities.
- Satheesh Reddy is also the first scientist from India to receive the Silver Medal from the Royal Aeronautical Society, London.
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics :
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) is a professional society of Aerospace Engineers.
- AIAA aims to ignite and celebrate aerospace ingenuity and collaboration, and its importance to our way of life.
- The Missile Systems Award recognises excellence in developing or implementing missile systems technology, including significant technological accomplishments or for inspired leadership of missile systems programmes.