The Union Ministry of Tourism gave Letters of Intent (LoI) to seven shortlisted companies for adopting 14 monuments under Adopt a Heritage Scheme at the closing ceremony of ‘Paryatan Parv’ held in New Delhi. The shortlisted companies will be future ‘Monument Mitras’ who would associate pride with their Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) activities.
These companies will be the future ‘Monument Mitras’ who would associate pride with their CSR activities. After detailed scrutiny, the following companies ranging from hospitality industry, travel industry and banking industry were shortlisted for vision biding for final selection of Monument Mitras.
- SBI Foundation: Jantar Mantar, Delhi.
- TK International Limited: Sun Temple, Konark, Raja Rani Temple, Bhubaneshwar, Ratnagiri Monuments, Jajpur, Odisha
- Yatra Online Pvt. Limited: Hampi, Karnataka, Leh Palace, Jammu & Kashmir Qutub Minar, Delhi, Ajanta Caves, Maharashtra
- Travel Corporation of India Ltd: Mattancherry Palace Museum, Kochi, Safdarjung Tomb, Delhi
- Adventure Tour Operator Association of India: Gangotri Temple Area and Trail to Gaumukh, Mt. StokKangri, Laddakh, Jammu and Kashmir
- Special Holidays Travel Pvt. Ltd. (With) Rotary Club of Delhi: Agrasen ki Baoli, Delhi
- NBCC: Purana Quila, Delhi.
Adopt a Heritage Scheme (Apni Dharohar Apni Pehchan Project) :
The scheme was launched by Union Ministry of Tourism on World Tourism Day (27th September) Under it, Private, Public Sector Companies and Corporate individuals were invited to adopt heritage sites and to take up responsibility for making them and promote sustainable tourism through conservation and development under their CSR activities.