Abhishek Verma and Jyothi Surekha Vennam claimed gold in compound mixed pair event at the 21st Asian Archery Championships.
- The 21st Asian Archery Championships was held in Bangkok, Thailand.
- The Indian team defeated Chinese Taipei opponents Yi-Hsuan Chen and Chieh-Luh Chen in the finales by 158-151.
- India scored one gold, two silver and four bronze medals (a total of 7 medals) in the event.
- The trio of Abhishek Verma, Rajat Chauhan and Mohan Bhardwaj bagged a silver medal in the compound team event.
- Jyothi, Muskan Kirar and Priya Gurjar also won the silver medal in the compound women’s team event.
- Due to the suspension of the national federation Archery Association of India (AAI), the Indian archers participated as neutral athletes under the World Archery flag in the tournament.