Ministry of Tribal Affairs with Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) started Aadi Mahotsav (National Tribal Festival) .
- The festival is a 9-day event from 17th August till 25th August 2019 and is to start at Polo Ground, Leh-Ladakh.
- The theme of the Aadi Mahotsav 2019 is “A celebration of the spirit of Tribal Craft, Culture and Commerce”.
- TRIFED is to play the role of a ‘Service provider’ & ‘Market Developer’ for the event
- Around 160 Tribal artisans from more than 20 states across the country would participate and showcase their masterpiece in areas of Tribal Textiles, Tribal Jewellery, and Tribal Paintings etc.
- The tribes constitute over 8% of the country’s population and correspond to over 10 crore Indians.
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs has conducted such mega fair in all 27 states and this is the first time that the Aadi Mahotsav is being held in Ladakh.