The Vice President of India, Mr. Venkaiah Naidu formally released the book titled “Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar: Vyakti Nahin Sankalp” at the Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi. The first copy of the book was handed over to the President of India, Mr. Ram Nath Kovind.
- The book released is a slim volume book covering the inspiring life of Dr Ambedkar and several dimensions of his ideas and personality.
- The book is edited by Shri Kishor Makwana who was also present at the occasion.
- Other dignitaries present were the Lok Sabha speaker, Smt. Sumitra Mahajan and the Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Shri Thaawar Chand Gehlot.
- The book also references how Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi had been inspired by the life and message of Dr Ambedkar.
- The book is an accessible resource to understand the Father of Indian Constitution, Dr Ambedkar.
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar :
- Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar popularly known as Babasaheb, was an Indian jurist, economist, politician and social reformer.
- He was born on 14th April 1891 in a small town in Madhya Pradesh.
- He inspired the Dalit Buddhist movement and campaigned against social discrimination against Untouchables (Dalits).
- He was Independent India’s first law minister who remained in office from 15 August 1947 – September 1951.
- Ambedkar published his book Annihilation of Caste on 15 May 1936 which strongly criticised Hindu orthodox religious leaders and the caste system in general.
- Dr. B R Ambedkar was the first Indian to pursue a doctorate in economics abroad.