The 7th edition of India Energy Congress (IEC), the annual flagship event of WEC India and the joint event of Ministries of Power, Coal, New & Renewable Energy, Petroleum & Natural Gas, External Affairs and Department of Atomic Energy was held on February 1st-2nd 2018 in New Delhi.
- The theme for this edition of conference was Energy 4.0: Energy Transition towards 2030.
- It was organised by World Energy Council India (WEC India) and inaugurated by Union Power and New and Renewable Energy Minister R K Singh.
- The WEC India functions under the power ministry. Secretary (Power) is the chairman of the WEC India. NTPC Chairman Gurdeep Singh is the member secretary of the WEC India.
- The 7th India Energy Congress will also deliberate upon how these are driving energy transition in various parts of the world.
- Over 400 experts are expected to brainstorm on energy transition across the globe in view of technology and digital disruptions.
India Energy Congress is the flagship event of World Energy Council India. It is basically an apex congregation of energy professionals from across the sector. At each edition of the congress professionals across the sector from within the country and across the globe come together to deliberate on issues highly relevant to the sector. Delegates gain immensely from the comprehensive discussions held.