Twenty-nine journalists from print and electronic media were honoured with 44th Matri Shree Media Awards for the year 2019 for their contribution towards journalism. The award ceremony was held in New Delhi.
- Namita (PTI (Press Trust of India ) Bhasha), Durga Pasad Mishra( PTI photo journalist), Agraj Pratap Singh (UNI), Jitender Kumar (Univarta), Poonam Gaur (Navbharat Times), Ravi Bhushan Dwivedi (Sandhya Times) and Kunal Kashyap (Punjab Kesari), Sandeep Ashwario Chief Cartoonist (Times of India) were among those honoured with the awards.
- The winners received the Matri Shree Bharat Mata shield and a pen.
- Working President of Punjab Kesari Delhi Swadesh Bhushan Jain and Chairman of the Committee Ashok Aggarwal, Harish Chopra, Ankush Aggarwal, Chetan Sharma, Ramesh Bajaj, Vishal Rana and Kailash Agrawal presented the shield to the winners.
- A social activist has also presented the Bharat Mata shield at the award function.
- ‘Badhai Ho’ got the prize for best film.
- Adesh Gupta, Former mayor of North Delhi Municipal Corporation was also honoured for the contribution to social service.