Nine new members were inducted into Council of Ministers of NDA Government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in recent reshuffle. The aim of reshuffle was to reinforce 4Ps — passion, proficiency, professional and political acumen in Government.
9 new members inducted are
1. Hardeep Singh Puri: Minister of State (Independent Charge) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
2. Satya Pal Singh: MoS Human Resource Development and MoS Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
3. Shiv Pratap Shukla: MoS Finance Ministry.
4. Alphons Kannanthanam: MoS (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Tourism; and MoS in Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
5. Raj Kumar Singh: MoS (Independent Charge) of Ministry of Power; and MoS (Independent Charge) of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
6. Virendra Kumar: MoS in Ministry of Women and Child Development; and MoS in Ministry of Minority Affairs
7. Anantkumar Hegde: MoS in Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
Besides, four senior ministers were elevated to the cabinet rank. They are
1. Piyush Goyal: Railway Ministry.
2. Nirmala Sitharaman: Defence Ministry.
3. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi: Minority Affairs Ministry.
4. Dharmendra Pradhan: Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Ministry.