The 15th National Youth Athletics Championships were held at Manjalpur Sports Complex in Vadodara from July 21- 23 , 2018. It was organized by Gujarat State Amateur Athletics Association under Athletics Federation of India.
- Dhanvir and 100 meter hurdles gold medalist Aparna Roy were declared as ‘best athletes’ of the meet.
- Haryana won the team championships title with 165 points. Kerala came second with 150.
- Haryana athlete Mohit Kumar set national record in the men’s decathlon by talling 6707 points at the end of the ten events to erase the old mark of 6618 points set by A Sangwan last year.
- Rakesh Gond set a youth national record of clearing a height of 4.90m to erase the national mark of 4.75m set by Kanhaiya Singh in 2017..
- The Punjab athlete, Dhanvir Singh, scripted a record in the 5th attempt by throwing 19.69 meters,the previous record was set by set by Navtejdeep Singh in 2011, when he had thrown 19.34 meters.
- Kerala’s Vishnu Priya broke the women’s 400 meter hurdles record after she clocked 1:02.52 seconds.The previous meet record was scripted by PO Sanya in 2015, when she had set a time of 1:02.58 seconds.