Deepak Kumar claimed India’s 10th Tokyo Olympic quota in shooting by winning the bronze medal and Manu Bhaker claimed a gold medal at the 14th Asian Championships.
- Deepak secured the bronze in the men’s 10 metres air rifle while Bhaker secured gold in the women’s 10 metres air pistol.
- Deepak is the 2nd Indian shooter to earn an Olympic quota in the event after Divyansh Singh Panwar.
- India already has secured 9 Tokyo quotas in rifle and pistol and lies behind China (25 quotas), Korea (12 quotas) and Japan in the Asian region.
- Deepak shot 227.8 in the eight-man final to win the medal.
- Manu Bhaker shot 244.3 to win the top prize in her event.